If you've never experienced Quality Fur Dressing we'd like to introduce ourselves. Below are several tabs, click any of them and learn more about us, our services, and more. If you have any questions we are here to help you. Just click here and leave your comments or questions and we will get back to you soon.
Placing an order with Quality Fur Dressing is simple. Just click the Order link found in the top header.
Following are the steps to creating your account and placing your order.
Step 1: Create an account and log in
To access the order page you will need to log in. If you do not wish to register, you can “Continue As Guest.”
Step 2: Enter your items on the order form
- Select Item from the droplist.
- Select Quantity of that item.
- Choose Dry Tan or Wet Tan.
- Choose Split or Cased.
- For fleshing choose Yes or No.
- Add any Comments if helpful.
- Click the yellow “ADD ITEM” button.
- Your item will appear like shown below.
Step 3: Review your items
If you need to delete an item just click the red “-“ symbol at end of the line item and it will be deleted.
Step 4: Enter or verify shipping and billing address
Step 5: Add ship date, number of boxes, and carrier
Step 6: Read acknowledgment and check box
Once you have read the acknowledgment and checked the box a “CREATE SHIPPING LABEL” button will appear. When you click the button our system will generate a printable shipping document for you. We will email you a copy of the PDF as well as place a copy in your QFD member account. If you do not receive an email within 15 minutes, please obtain PDF in your member account.
If you are not quite ready to submit your order, you may click the “Save and Continue Later” link as shown above. We will provide you instructions and link to return to complete your order form.
If you choose to flesh your skins, we always recommend double salting as follows:
- Immediately after fleshing, lay the skin flat on a table and cover it with fine granular food-grade salt. If the skin is a cased cape, salt one side, turn it over, and salt the other side. Leave it overnight. You cannot use too much, and salt is cheap compared to purchasing replacement skins. Make sure to salt the entire skin with a generous amount of salt. Pay special attention to areas that are folded or rolled.
- The next day, shake off loose salt and re-salt with new, clean salt. Never re-use salt that has been previously used for salting skins. Once again, make sure to use plenty of salt.
- Leave it for 24 hours.
- Remove the skin from the table and hang to dry. Do not hang capes by the nose, and never use metal to hang your skins. Always use wood or plastic.
- If you need to fold the skin for shipping, do so before it is 100% dry so it doesn’t crack or break. But make sure not to fold the skin while it’s too wet or fold it too tight. Don’t prevent air from circulating and completing the drying process. After the skin is completely dry, you are ready for shipping to Quality Fur Dressing.
- Always include company name, address, and phone number.
- Fill out a packing list in detail online, then check email for pdf to print and place it in an envelope. Place the envelope in the shipping box or attach it to the exterior of the box. Use only one packing list per shipment, not per box. All porcupines, rabbits, and alligators with heads will be wet tan only.
- Always list the total number of boxes in each shipment.
- Ship all orders freight prepaid.
- We allow two (2) weeks after date of receipt for check-in. An acknowledgment will be mailed which will reflect that check-in date and showing the items which we have received (which are subject to amendment). Turn around times quoted will be from the acknowledgment date.
- Do not attach tags of any sort to the skins. All tags (except in ear butts) will be removed in order to properly shave the skin. In order to identify your skins, we ask that you punch them. DO NOT use any metal fasteners on skins. Any metal will be cut off and disposed of. Attach all ear tags with plastic cable ties, not hog rings.
- We work with only “hair on” hides, never “hair off”.
- For RUSH processing, new customers and wet tans, be sure to mark the outside of all boxes/crates, as well as the paperwork, to ensure prompt processing.
- If shipping frozen hides, be sure to write “FROZEN HIDES” on the outside of box. We recommend they be shipped next day air.
Fleshing – Ears, Lips, Nose – Salting
To receive a superior skin you must first prepare it properly. If this is not done, you cannot achieve these results. The skin should be properly fleshing (free of meat and fat) and thick skins should be pared down. This will enable the salt to penetrate and set the hair. The ears, lips, and nose should be completely turned. This will help eliminate holes in vital areas. We suggest salting your skins twice, allowing them to drain and then hanging them to dry before shipping.
All tails should be properly split to the end so that slippage won’t occur. Be sure to make a straight cut to prevent tearing.
Quality Fur Dressing will assume no responsibility for any skin once it leaves our premises. This is due to the different types of storage and handling.
In conjunction with our quality tanning, we provide a fleshing service. We will flesh, split eyes, lips, nose, turn ears, double salt, dry and tan. All fleshing at a very reasonable price for fleshing, turning, salting and tanning. Quite possibly the lowest prices in the country with the finest product available. We employ some of the best fleshers in the business with over 20 years experience.
Fewer holes will allow for faster mounting, and your taxidermists won’t be fleshing during the hunting season. They will be mounting!
Leave the fleshing to the pros at Quality Fur Dressing.
For fresh tanned skins (less than 1-month-old)
- Soak for a maximum of five (5) minutes in room temperature tap water (no additives needed). After soak; drain until finished dripping.
- Fold with the skin to the inside and the hair to the outside.
- Place in a plastic bag.
- Store in an air conditioned area or a refrigerator overnight.
- The skin will be ready for mounting the following morning.
For tanned skins over 1-month-old
- Soak no longer than 20 minutes, but remember, no longer than necessary.
- Follow the remainder of the instructions above.
Wet tans require no soaking prior to mounting. Prep the skin as you would after soaking a dry tan.
- TRANSACTION FOR SALE OF GOODS: It is understood and agreed that Customer is a merchant and that this transaction is for the rendition of services, and this contract is not for the sale of goods. Customer requests Quality Fur Dressing L.L.C. to process/tan the items described above without any warranties (express or implied) about the quality of same and for the price of such services, as set forth in processor’s current price list and any freight charges, importation fees or expenses we have incurred on your behalf.
- NO CHARGEBACKS: It is understood and agreed that Buyer shall not charge back, reduce or credit any portion of the processing price (or any freight charges, importation fees, or expenses we have incurred on your behalf) against any monies spent or expenses incurred by Customer in attempts to remedy, repair or cure any alleged defect, non-conformity or problem with the hides, skins, horns or skulls made the basis of this contract or any other transaction with Processor. Customer is obligated, and agrees to promptly (but in no event more than five (5) business days after Customer’s receipt of same) return such hides, skins, horns or skulls to Processor, with a written notice pointing out with particularity all alleged process defects non-conformities or problems with the services; and failure to timely do so will be a failure of a condition precedent to any further obligation/liability of Processor, if any, but will not release Customer of its obligation to pay Processor for same.
- INDEMNIFICATION OF PROCESSOR: CUSTOMER EXPRESSLY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS PROCESSOR FOR ALL DAMAGES OR CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE OWNERS OF THE HIDES, SKINS, HORNS AND/OR SKULLS AND MERCHANDISE CUSTOMER ENTRUSTS TO PROCESSOR UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING CLAIMS FOR LOSS, OR DESTRUCTION OF, OR DAMAGE TO HIDES, PELTS, SKULLS, ANTLERS OR HORNS AND FOR PERSONAL INJURIES AND PROPERTY DAMAGE, ARISING FROM ANY AND ALL APPLICATION(S), USE, SALE OF, OR RESALE OF THE GOODS OR SERVICES MADE THE BASIS OF THIS CONTRACT, INCLUDING DAMAGES OR INJURY ARISING OUT OF THE NEGLIGENCE, IF ANY, OF PROCESSOR.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER: Processor hereby EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANT OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; and the Processor, neither assumes nor authorizes Customer of any other person to make any representations or warranties for Processor, nor does Processor authorize any person or entity to assume for it any liability in connection with the use, shipment, sale or application of such hides, skins, horns and/or skulls.
- NOTICE OF DEFECTS OF NON-CONFORMITY: Customer agrees to carefully check and inspect all goods, hides, skins, skulls, or horns against shipping papers and the description hereon upon delivery at destination. No claim for shortages or for improper, defective, damaged or non-conforming goods or services will be considered unless written notice (specifying, in detailed particularity, the nature and extent of the shortage, defect, damage or non-conformity) is mailed to our offices within five (5) business days from delivery to Customer in the case of shortages. In the case of non-conformity or defects the written notice must be mailed within five (5) business days of the date the Customer first gains knowledge of the defect, or should have gained knowledge by exercising reasonable diligence; and Customer agrees to deliver all of the allegedly defective goods and services to Processor at Customer’s expense, within 14 days of Customer’s initial receipt of same; and failure to do so will be a non-occurrence of condition precedent to any further obligation/liability of Processor, if any.
- EXCLUSION OF CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND LIMITATION OF REMEDY: CUSTOMER AGREES ALL CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARE EXCLUDED AND CUSTOMER’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED EXCLUSIVELY TO THE LOWER OF THE ACTUAL REPLACEMENT COST, OR THE PRICE SET FORTH ON PROCESSOR’S CURRENT PRICE LIST FOR TANNING/PROCESSING THE PARTICULAR HIDE, SKIN, HORN OR PELT THE SUBJECT OF WHICH IS IN DISPUTE AT ISSUE. “Actual Replacement Cost” shall be defined as Processor’s actual cost to purchase a skin, antler, horn or skull of similar species; notwithstanding the fact that the replacement might be smaller, larger or of different color or quality. This procedure shall be used in settling all claims, regardless of quality, size or quantity (except to the extent such exclusion or limitation is prohibited by law).
- STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS IS ONE YEAR: The Statue of Limitations for any cause of action for breach of contract, or warranty, is hereby contractually limited to one year from the date Customer knew of reasonably should have known of the alleged breach, or the date of delivery of the merchandise to Customer, whichever occurs first.
- TEXAS LAW GOVERNS: Customer and Processor agree that Texas law shall govern and control the rights, liabilities and obligations of the parties. It is also agreed that jurisdiction and venue shall be exclusively in the Texas State Courts of Harris County, Texas.
- CUSTOMER AGREES TO PAY PROMPTLY ON INVOICING: Customer agrees to promptly pay Processor, at its address listed above, upon date of invoice; and all amounts unpaid more than thirty days (30) after date of invoice are past due, and shall accrue interest at the rate of eighteen (18) percent per annum until paid in full. In addition, all invoices (ie.: orders) not paid in full within 14 days upon date of invoice (7 days for wet tans) and are in storage at Quality Fur Dressing LLC, shall accrue storage charges of $5.00 per day until paid in full.
- DISCREPANCIES: By sending a customer’s order to Quality Fur Dressing LLC, customer agrees with any and all quantities, type, species, etc., or hides, skins, horns or skulls that Quality Fur Dressing LLC finds and acknowledges are in such order. If a Quality Fur Dressing LLC packing list is not enclosed with customers order, customer continues to be bound by Quality Fur Dressing LLC’s terms and conditions. Upon receipt of skins, horns, skulls, etc at Quality Fur Dressing LLC, the shipper becomes the customer and is bound by Quality Fur Dressing LLC terms and conditions. By accepting receipt of skins, horns, skulls, etc from Quality Fur Dressing LLC after processing, customers or any agent of customer’s, agrees to and is bound by Quality Fur Dressing LLC terms and conditions.